Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Notable Television Programs This Summer
















I would not consider myself a couch potato by any means but I have to admit there are a couple of shows that are being premiered or returning for this summer that I anticipate greatly. That being said, I thought I'd share the objects of my desire via this new fangled blog. So, on the nights when I'm not out livin' la vida loca this is what I'll be doing.

First and foremost there's the return of Trueblood on HBO. I specifically added HBO to my current cable package JUST so I could watch the debut of this series based on the Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire novels (also referred to as the Sookie Stackhouse novels). I've been a fan of Charlaine's writing for about 5 years now and was super excited to hear that one of my favorite herroines was being brough to life by the wonderful Alan Ball (for those of you not familar with the name, he is the creator of the phenomonal HBO series Six Feet Under). This is NOT Twilight. This is a show for adults and deals with adult themes (i.e. lots of hot, freaky deaky sex). I really suggest those of you that follow the show and haven't read the books to do so. They are fun, interesting and creative. The second season commences on Sunday, June 14th. Be there or be square. *=-P



I don't know if it's the choice of song (Journey's "Don't Stop Believing") or if I'm just slipping, but I'm anxious to see if the new Fox series "Glee" is as hilarious as the commercials would lead us to believe. Maybe it's the fact that my ten year highschool reunion is coming up (which I'm passing on since I procrastinated too long about RSVP'ing thanks to being so insanely busy with classes) and I'm feeling nostalgic, but this quirky highschool dramedy looks promising. I misses the series premiere thanks to work, but will be Huluing it (gotta' love that site!) to see if it met my high expectations.

Well, that really sums up what I'm looking forward to in terms of T.V. viewing for the summer. Sorry if I made it sound like I had a long, winding list. I really prefer reading, but thats for another blog.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Piercing Critical Insights? Have a million bucks you wanna' pass my way? This is where you let me know all that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin